Sunday 20 December 2015

Easy Basic Knitted Preemie Hat | Worked Flat



How-To Video https://youtu.be/N5yfnjhbz3I
What You'll Need

3.75mm Needles
50g DK (Light Worsted Weight) Yarn
Sewing Needle


Cast on 56 sts

Rows 1 -5 K2, P2
Rows 6 - 13 Stockinette Stitch ( If you want your hat to be taller make sure your last row will be Purl all)
Row 14 *K6, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 15 Purl all
Row 16 *K5, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 17 Purl all
Row 18 *K4, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 19 Purl all
Row 20 *K3, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 21 Purl all
Row 22 *K2, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 23 Purl all
Row 24 *K1, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.
Row 25 Purl all
Row 26 *K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.

Cut yarn leaving a long tail to close the hat. With a needle weave the tail through the remaining sts and pull to fasten. Fold your hat inside out and sew the seam shut, weave in loose ends

7 comments:

  1. Hello, when you say repeat from *, does this mean k1, k2tog, k1 k2tog extra, or k1, k2tog, k
    ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, when you say repeat from *, does this mean k1, k2tog, k1 k2tog extra, or k1, k2tog, k
    ? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if you take the example of Row 24 *K1, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.

      You will repeat K1, K2tog to the end of the row. So it will go K1, K2tog, K1, K2tog, K1, K2tog, K1, K2tog, etc.. until you run out of stitches on that particular row.

      I hope this made sense. Let me know how you get on.

      Delete
  3. Hi how many stitches do I add for newborn or will this pattern stretch to fit a newborn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have a pattern for 0-3 months

      http://lovelyjubblyknits.blogspot.com/2015/05/basic-knitted-baby-hat-0-3-months.html

      If you still want to follow this pattern I would suggest to use a 4 mm needle instead of the 3.75 mm and this should fit a newborn.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for showing how one can knit a baby's hat without using DPNs. I do not enjoy using those and I so want to make these 'lil hats for charity. I can sew up a back seam quicker than I can wrestle with all those needles. I have watched your youtube video and it is how I found your blog. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I found it so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete