Friday 8 May 2015

Basic Knitted Baby Hat 0-3 Months | Worked Flat





How-To Video http://youtu.be/IyYBw3sVJrQ

You will need

  • DK yarn
  • 3.25mm needle
  • 4mm needles
  • Sewing needle
  • Measuring tape



Cast on 80 sts using the longtail cast on method on a 3.25mm needle.

Rows 1-7 K2, P2 around for roughly 2 cm

Change to 4mm needles

Continue in stockinette stitch until the body measures 8 cm

Row 1 *K8, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (72)
Row 2 Purl all
Row 3* K7, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (64)
Row 4 Purl all
Row 5 *K6, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (56)
Row 6 Purl all
Row 7 *K5, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row.(48)
Row 8 Purl all
Row 9  *K4, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (40)
Row 10 Purl all
Row 11 *K3, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (32)
Row 12 Purl all
Row 13 *K2, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (24)
Row 14 Purl all
Row 15 *K1, K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (16)
Row 16 Purl all
Row 17 *K2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (8)
Row 18 *P2tog. Rep from* to end of row. (4)

Cut the yarn, but leave a long tail to sew the side up. When sewing up turn your work inside out first.
Using a darning needle weave the yarn through the remaining sts on the needles, then sew down the side of the hat. Weave the yarn through the hat a few times and cut.

14 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern. I'm very new at knitting but want to make a newborn hat and this is perfect. I watched your video. You're very generous with your sharing. I've always crocheted but never knitted, but I love the look of a knitted project. Appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m using a different yarn. Can you give the gauge so I can adjust? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you please tell me the type of yarn you're using eg double knit, aran, chuncky etc... Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used double knit yarn and it came out perfect size🙂

      Delete
  4. How about it if am making it for a one year old ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do the numbers in the brackets indicate? Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many stitches are left on the needle at that point. Like after row one it you will have 72

      Delete
  6. Thanks! This is a very quick and pretty design for beginners like me. I had knitted it for my daughter and now I'm knitting it a second time for my nephew/niece who'll be arriving soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this written pattern which is so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the beginning it says rows 1-7 should measure 2 cm. That can't be right. Only one row would measure 2 cm! Then the next section is 8 cm? Is it a typo? It looks like a nice pattern but I can't figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did 7 rows of rib
      And 14 rows of stocking stitch and it worked! 🙂

      Delete
  9. has anyone tried knitting this pattern in the round?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this beautiful pattern it's so neat and simple! I made one for my nephew !

    ReplyDelete